- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small, often encrypted text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It is used to help users navigate websites efficiently and perform certain functions.
- What types of cookies are used on this Site?
- Compliance cookies
- Analytics cookies
These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
- Session cookies
These cookies store temporary information to enable site functionality. They are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
- Functional cookies
These are cookies used for core site functionality.
- What individual cookies do we use on this Site?
The table below sets out more information about the individual cookies used on our Site and the purposes for which they are used:
- Google Analytics – These cookies enable us to store information such as the time you visit the Site, whether you have visited the Site previously and the website you visited prior to the Site. These cookies will remain on your device for different periods depending on what they are and what they are used for. Some will expire at the end of your session, whilst others can remain in place for up to two years. For more information about Google Analytics please see: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- You Tube – Where You Tube videos are embedded into the Site, You Tube cookies help track the number of views for a particular video track, YouTube user preferences, and then surface related content or adverts within an embedded YouTube video. The duration of You Tube cookies is the same as Google Analytics. You can review how to opt out of these here: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB
You can delete all of the above cookies at any time by clearing your cache
Visitors are provided with the option to navigate to a variety of external websites where we, or the user may have a presence or wish to visit. When the visitor selects the option to view the content from these websites, they are taken away from the Site and to the other site, where a variety of cookies may be used throughout the visit. We are not responsible for any cookies used once the visitor has left our Site.
- How to configure your cookie preferences to configure your cookie preferences
Every browser program (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome etc) provides the ability for the user to configure their preferences. Refer to the help section of your particular browser to find out how to configure your own preference.
- Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to accept cookies?
- Do cookies mean I could get cold calls or emails?
We never use the personal information gathered through cookies to contact you via post, email or phone.
- Can cookies allow others access to my computer’s hard drive?
The cookies we use cannot look into your computer, smart phone or web-enabled device and obtain information about you or your family or read any material kept on your hard drive.
- If I use a public computer, will someone be able to get my details from the cookies? I
Our cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out anything about you, other than the fact that someone using the computer may have visited a certain website.
- What happens if I refuse, block or delete cookies?
More information about cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org